Recipe by: Siti Wilden
- 1 cup water chestnuts
- ½ cup tapioca flour
- ½ cup sugar
- Pandan leaves
- ¾ cup coconut milk
- A dash of salt
- red food colouring
- crushed ice
- Mint leaves, to garnish
- Dice the water chestnut and soak in the red food colouring and stir until bright red. Drain it and leave it aside.
- Put the flour in a plate and add the water chestnuts and shake so the pieces become well coated.
- To make the syrup, boil the sugar and water. Add pandan leaves for flavour. Leave it to cool.
- Heat 5 cups of water to the boil, add the water chestnuts. It will float when cooked and look like rubies. Drain and plunge in cold water immediately.
- Heat up the coconut milk in low heat and add a dash of salt.
- Serve a little water chestnut into dessert dishes, add syrup, coconut milk and ice. Garnish with mint leaves.
Download PDF here. There are more photos in the PDF that in this blog post.Thai Red Ruby Dessert (Tub Tim)