Recipe by: Siti Wilden
Source: Siti Wilden
- 1/3 cup fresh-squeezed lime juice
- 3 Tbsp fish sauce
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2½ – 3 Tbsp brown sugar, to taste
- 1-2 tsp Thai chili sauce, OR 1 fresh red or green chili, minced
- ½ pomelo
- 12-16 medium shrimp
- 1 small to medium cucumber, diced
- 1 red pepper chilli (capsicum) diced
- 1 carrot, julienned
- ¼ cup finely chopped shallots
- ¼ cup fresh basil OR mint, chopped if leaves are large
- ¼ cup chopped fresh coriander leaves
- ¼ cup dry-roasted cashews, almonds OR peanuts
- 2 Tbsp shredded coconut (optional)
- Handful of salad greens per serving (optional)
- Handful of Thai basil, coriander leaves or mint leaves, for garnish
- Mix all dressing ingredients in a bowl until well combined.
- Peel and deseed the ½ pomelo. Break into bite-sized pieces.
- Peel and boil the shrimp for 4 minutes, until just cooked.
- Toss together all salad ingredients in a bowl. Add in the dressing and toss well again.
- Portion out onto individual serving plates and serve.
Download PDF here. There are more photos in the PDF than on this blog post. Thai Pomelo Salad Siti Wilden