Recipe by: Daniela Romão
Source: Family Recipe
- 900 g large new potatoes, skins on
- 1-2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh rosemary leaves, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp olive oil salt and freshly milled black pepper
Preheat oven to 180 C (356 F).
- Begin by measuring the oil into the roasting tin, then pop it into the oven to heat through.
- Wash the potatoes but don’t scrape the skins off, then cut them into cubes of roughly ½ inch (1 cm).
- Place them in a clean tea cloth and dry them as thoroughly as you can, then transfer them to a large plate. Remove the tin from the oven, place it over direct heat – the oil needs to be very hot – then carefully slide the potatoes straight into the hot oil.
- Turn them around to get a good coating of oil, sprinkling in the garlic and rosemary as you go.
- Return the tin to the oven and roast for 30-40 mins or until the potatoes are golden brown and crisp.
- Season with salt and pepper before serving.
Download PDF here: Portuguese Oven-Roasted Potatoes with Garlic and Rosemary Daniela Romão