Recipe by: Daniela Romão
Source: Personal Recipe
- 2 sheets filo pastry
- 30 g of melted butter
- Few drops of honey
- 100 g packet soft goat’s cheese
- 2 Tbsp laminated almonds
Preheat oven to 200 C (392 F).
- Cut each sheet of pastry in half to give 4 rectangles. Working quickly, before the pastry dries out, brush butter over 2 sheets of pastry, then place the other 2 sheets on top, positioning them diagonally opposite the first sheet.
- Halve cheese and put one half in the centre of each pastry sheet.
- Gather up the pastry around the filling, opening out the pointed corners of the sheet.
- Place the parcels on a baking sheet and brush some butter over the outside of each.
- Bake the parcels for 12-15 mins, or until the pastry turns to a light golden colour. Brush with honey and add laminated almonds on top.
- Remove parcels from the oven and serve immediately with salad.
- Serve and enjoy!
Note: As filo pastry dries out very quickly, keep it covered with a clean tea towel until it’s used, but leave it unrolled for the minimum amount of time.
Download PDF here: Portuguese Goat’s Cheese Parcels Daniela Romão