Recipe by: Daniela Romão
Source: Personal Recipe
- 4.5 lbs pork shoulder (with the fat), cubed
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 250 g chorizo and salami
- 300 g chestnuts
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Half bottle (400-500ml) wine or Portuguese White Wine
- Marinate the pork in a bowl with the rest of the ingredients for about 9-10 hours. Mix it well.
- Once it is ready, add the pork along with the marinade to a large saucepan. Turn it to low heat and let it simmer for 30-45 minutes.
- Reserve and set aside most of the liquid in the saucepan and turn the heat to medium-high.
- Saute the pork for 5-6 mins until it receives a nice browned color.
- Add the chestnuts and the chorizo to the saucepan along with the reserved marinade. Stir it well.
- Turn the heat back to low and let it simmer for another 30 mins until the all is well tender.
Once the pork is done, remove from the heat and pour into a serving platter. Cover with the chopped parsley and serve while hot.
Download PDF here: Portuguese Braised Pork in White Wine with Chestnuts, (Rojões) Daniela Romão