Recipe by: Siti Wilden
- 1 whole chicken cut in half or pieces as desired
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- ½ pieces of preserved lemon finely chopped
- 1/4 cup manzanilla olives, coarsely chopped or leave it whole if preferred
- 2 Tbsp of chopped cilantro
- 1 medium sized onion, chopped
- 1-2 tsp ras el hanout (Moroccan spice)
- Ground black pepper or Red Cayenne powder
- Salt only if needed as the preserved lemon and olives are already salty
- 1 cup of chicken stock
- Heat up oven to 170 C (340 F).
- Rub the chicken with the preserved lemon and the ras el hanout.
- Chopped the remaining preserved lemon into small cubes.
- Spread the chicken into a baking dish. Pour the canned tomatoes, olives, preserved lemon, cilantro and all other ingredient. Add the stock last.
- Bake for 30 min. Turn the chicken over and baked for another 15 – 20 min until chicken is done.
- Cool and let it rest to finish the cooking process.
- Garnish with more fresh cilantro before serving.
Download PDF here. There are more photos in this PDF than in this blog post here. Moroccan Preserved Lemon Chicken