Recipe by: Sasha Rodriques
Source: Sasha Rodriques
- 4 eggs
- 1 – 10 g dashi (Japanese bonito-flavored stock) sachet
- 1 cup of hot water
- Dash of white pepper
- Crab stick (optional)
- Japanese fish cake (optional)
- Gingko (optional)
- Shitake mushrooms (optional)
- Chicken (optional)
- Dissolve dashi in hot water.
- Beat eggs gently.
- Mix eggs with dashi liquid.
- Lay out selected optional ingredients in heat-safe cups or small bowls.
- Pour egg mixture over the ingredients.
- Steam for approximately 20 minutes until set.
Download PDF here. More photos are in this PDF.Japanese Steamed Egg