Recipe by: Veena Poojari
Source: travel experience of Veena Poojari
- 1 packet of fava beans (frozen or fresh soaked, deskinned)
- 2 pieces of garlic
- 1 white onion (optional)
- 1 piece of green chilly
- 1 bowl of fresh green mixed herbs (e.g.: parsley, coriander, dill, spring onions)
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 Egg (optional)
- 1 Tbsp corn flour or plain flour optional (if doesn’t bind)
- Salt to taste
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- vegetable oil, for deep frying
- Cumin and coriander powder (optional and to taste)
- Sesame seeds to garnish
- Grind the raw soft beans (frozen or soaked) with the above ingredients, add salt, baking powder and rest for a few minutes.
- Add egg if desired.
- Add a tablespoon of flour or corn starch if it requires binding agent, form any shape falafels, top with sesame seeds and deep fry.
Download PDF here: Egyptian Fava Falafels