Recipe by: Vie Blonk
Source: Vie Blonk
- 5 chicken legs
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, sliced
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp cumin seeds
- ½ Tbsp cumin ground
- ½ Tbsp cinnamon ground
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 litre (4 cups) chicken stock
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste1 cup black olives
- Parsley, to garnish
- Heat up a deep frying pan, add the olive oil.
- Add the diced onions and garlic cook for 3-4 minutes until translucent.
- Add the cumin and cinnamon. Cook for a minute.
- Add the chicken thighs. Cook for 3-5 minutes until chicken is browned
- Add the carrots and zucchini. Cook for 2-3 minutes
- Add the chicken stock.
- Bring to boil and turn down the heat to let it simmer for at least 35 minutes
- Add the olives and let it cook for another 10 minutes
- Garnish with parsley and serve with bread or couscous
Download PDF here: Vie’s Moroccan Chicken