Recipe by: Jenny Blom
Serves: 6 (small portions)
- 6 large potatoes
- 2 leeks
- Few Tbsp butter or oil
- 2 packages of bacon
- 2 Knorr chicken stock cubes
- ½ tsp white pepper, more to taste
- 200 g Crème fraiche or Greek natural yogurt
- A few parsley leaves, to garnish
- Peel the potatoes and chop in smaller parts.
- Wash and chop the leek, fry in a pot with butter or oil until soft but don’t let it get any colour.
- Add the potatoes, 1 litre of water, 2 Knorr Chicken stock cubes, and the white pepper to taste.
- Let it boil until the potatoes are soft, approximately 15-20 minutes depending on the size of the potatoes.
- Blend it in a blender or using a handheld blender into a purée.
- Slice the bacon and fry it until crunchy. Let it cool on a kitchen paper to drain off excess grease.
- Place the soup into bowls and add some crème fraiche (or Greek natural yogurt) on top.
- Top with bacon pieces and garnish with a couple of parsley leaves.
Download PDF here: Swedish Potato and Leek Soup with Bacon