Recipe by: Irmelin Mathilde Rohn Amundsen
Source: Irmelin Mathilde Rohn Amundsen
- 150-200 g duck breast per person
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 50 ml white wine
- 50 ml chicken broth
- 2 oranges, juiced
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp butter
- Cut the skin (but not the meat) in cross-hatch pattern. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Fry in dry pan with skin side down for 6-8 minutes. Fry on opposite side for 2 minutes.
- Put in ovenproof dish, do NOT throw away the cooking fat. Cook at 150 C (300 F) until the core temperature reaches 56-58 C (132-136 F). Let rest 5 minutes before cutting.
- Add the sliced duck back into warm ovenproof dish for serving.
- In the frying pan with fat add white wine and orange juice. Reduce moderately.
- Add the chicken stock and balsamic vinegar. Reduce more if necessary.
- Season to taste with sugar, salt and pepper.
Download PDF here (more photos are in this PDF): Norwegian Duck with Orange Sauce