Recipe by: Vie Blonk
Source: Vie Blonk
- 200 g sugar
- 150 g cream
- 3 lemongrass stalks, cut into chunks
- 250 g butter (unsalted), softened
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Chocolate, to melt
- Star fruit or pomelo, sliced, to serve
- Heat the sugar, cream and lemongrass for about 10 minutes, so that the sugar is melted and the lemongrass has given taste to the mixture. Leave it to cool to room temperature and take out the lemongrass.
- Whip the butter to a light consistency and slowly add the cream mixture. Keep whipping until it is setting.
- Prepare a plate with baking paper and form quenelles or use a piping bag. Put the ‘naked’ truffles in the freezer and leave for at least 2 hours.
- Melt chocolate and leave to room temperature (should still be melted). Prepare a tray with the loose cocoa. Take the naked truffles from the freezer, dump them in the melted chocolate and roll them through the cocoa.
- Keep the truffles in the fridge.
- Serve with some fruits such as star fruit or pomelo.
Download PDF here: Fusion Lemongrass Cream Chocolate Truffles