Recipe by: Veena Poojari
Source: Veena Poojari
- 1 kg lamb bone pieces
- 1 tbsp Kibeh (clarified butter)
- Salt, to taste
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 whole garlic (8-10 cloves)
- Few grains of Koririma (Ethiopian Cardamom seeds)
- 2 green chillies
- 500 ml (2 cups) water
- In an earthern pot/cooker, add the lamb bones and the Kibeh (or clarified butter) and cook dry for a minute.
- Add the salt, Koririma, whole garlic cloves, sliced onion, green chillies, and 500 ml (2 cups) water.
- Slow cook for an hour in a pan or 10-15 minutes in a pressure cooker.
- Serve with injera (Ethiopian bread), soaked into the stew.
Download PDF here: Ethiopian Lamb Stew