Recipe by: Veena Poojari
Source: Veena Poojari
Ingredients (Chicken Stew)
- 2 tbsp Kibeh or 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 8-10 onions, chopped
- 10 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 green chillies
- 6-8 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 kg chicken pieces (with bones), washed
- 2-3 Tbsp Berber spice
- 6 boiled eggs, peeled
- In a large pan, melt the butter and fry the chopped onions and garlic. Cook for about ten minutes or until the onions are transparent.
- Add the 2-3 tablespoons Berbere spice mixture add tomatoes and salt.
- Simmer this over low heat for about 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken pieces and stir well.
- Add enough water to get a sauce consistency as for thick soup. Simmer for 20-30 minutes, stir and check for readiness.
- Add the peeled, boiled eggs (cut or whole) cook over low heat until chicken is tender.
- Serve on top of Injera (Ethiopian bread).
Download PDF here: Ethiopian Chicken Stew (Doro Wat)