Recipe by: Veena Poojari
Source: Veena Poojari
Makes: 4-6 small portions
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 onion, sliced long
- 5-7 long green chilies, slit and deseeded
- 1 tomato, sliced long
- Salt, to taste
- 3-4 cups of water
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, sliced or cubed (can be melted or blended with some water)
- Or 1 small cup of hard cottage cheese/plain feta (optional)
- Pour the oil in a pan. Add the sliced onion, green chilies, tomatoes, salt, and the water blended with the cheese.
- Bring it to a boil.
- Garnish with coriander leaves (optional) and serve hot with red rice.
Download PDF here: Bhutanese Tomato and Cheese Stew