Recipe by: Mai Hanaki Brodersen
Source: Mai Hanaki Brodersen
- 4 cod fish fillets (can also use salmon, Spanish mackerel, chicken or pork)
- 4 Tbsp white miso
- 4 Tbsp sake
- 4 Tbsp mirin
- 2½ Tbsp sugar
- To make the Saikyo Yaki sauce, mix together the white miso, sake, mirin and sugar.
- Cover the fish fillets with this sauce and marinate for a least a few hours (or ideally up to 2-3 days) in the fridge.
- Grill or panfry the fish until cooked inside and a nice charred colour on the outside (see photo).
- Serve with rice and Japanese Spinach Salad (separate recipe) or other side dish of choice.
- Note that the rest of the sauce can be used to make this dish a few more times; store in the refrigerater.
Download PDF here (more photos in this PDF): Japanese Saikyo Yaki Grilled Fish April 21