Recipe by: Mai Hanaki Brodersen
Source: Mai Hanaki Brodersen
- 2 onions, chopped finely
- 6 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 4 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp Chinese stock powder (see photo in PDF, this is a shrimp version, can also use a pork one
- 2 tsp grated ginger
- 400 g minced pork
- 1 pack of dumpling skins
- Soy sauce, to serve
- Vinegar, to serve
- Coat the chopped onions with the cornstarch.
- Mix this together with the sugar, soy sauce, sesame oil, Chinese stock powder, ginger and pork.
- Wrap this mixture in the dumpling skins.
- Steam them for 20 minutes.
- Serve with soy sauce and vinegar.
Download PDF here (more photos are in this PDF): Japanese Style Chinese Stemed Pork Dumplings