Recipe by: Mai Hanaki Brodersen
Source: Mai Hanaki Brodersen
- 120 g (1 package) baby spinach leaves
- 25 ml (scant 2 Tbsp) soy sauce
- 12.5 ml (scant 1 Tbsp) Japanese vinegar (see photo in PDF)
- – or 12.5 ml (scant 1 Tbsp) white vinegar
- 7.5 ml (½ Tbsp) mirin (see photo in PDF)
- 12.5 ml-25 ml (1-2 Tbsp) lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp Ponzu (above)
- 2 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp honey
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Mix together the soy sauce, vinegar and mirin in a small pan and warm it up.
- Just before it starts to boil, turn off the heat.
- Cool it down and add the lemon juice.
- To make the Dressing, mix all Dressing ingredients together.
- Toss with the spinach leaves.
- Goes nicely with the Japanese Grill Fish (separate recipe).
Download PDF here (there are more photos in this PDF): Japanese Spinach Salad April 21