Recipe by: Shuri Schnyder
Source: Family recipe
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground roasted cumin
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1Tbsp oil
- 1 Tbsp sweet fruit vinegar such as cherry or persimmon
- Lettuce leaves of your choice
- Red, orange and yellow peppers
- 100 g feta cheese
- Pour quinoa into pan along with 1 cup water. Bring to a boil, then turn down heat to low and simmer under lid for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- When it cools off a bit, add cumin and lemon juice. Let it rest and reach room temperature.
- Toss lettuce with all other ingredients, then layer with quinoa.
Download PDF version here: Shuri Schnyder – American Quinoa Salad