Recipe by: Catia Camillini
Source: Baker Jym Lahey
- 3 cups (400gr) Bread Flour
- 1 1/3 cups (300gr ) Water
- ¼ teaspoon (1gr) Instant Yeast
- 1 1/4 teaspoons (8gr) Salt
- In a large bowl mix together with a spoon flour, instant yeast and salt.
- Then add the water and mix for 30 seconds until it forms a slightly sticky dough. Do not over mix.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let rise for 12-18 hours.
- Flour a work surface, place the dough in the centre scrapping it from the bowl.
- Fold it sides into it centre.
- Place on a wide board a clean kitchen cloth, lightly flour it, pour the dough in it centre keeping the side with the folded dough looking at the table.
- Lightly cover it with the kitchen cloth and let sit an additional 1-2 hours.
- When the dough has thirty minutes left of this rising period, pre-heat your oven to 250°C and place your iron cast pan inside to heat up for 30 minutes max.
- After 30 minutes, carefully take your very hot pot out of the oven and place your dough inside turning it upside down, with the folded site looking up, this time. Cover with lid and bake for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, remove the lid and let bake an additional 10/15 minutes uncovered, or until the bread reached the colour you prefer for it.
- Remove from oven and place the bread onto a cooling rack for at least 30 minutes or until cold.
Do not ruin it by cut it earlier!
Download PDF version here: Catia Camillini No Knead Bread in a Pot