Recipe by: Lubaina Sadikot
Source: Family recipe
- 7-8 medium potatoes
- 200 g French beans, chopped into tiny bits
- 3 orange carrots, chopped into tiny bits
- 1 cup green peas, boiled
- 1 tsp green chilly paste*
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp garam masala powder
- Cornflour for coating
- Cornflakes meal for coating
- Oil for frying
- Boil potatoes. Cool to room temperature. Peel and mash.
- In a tablespoon of oil saute the cumin and green chilly paste. Add the chopped vegetables and peas.
- Saute until al dente. NO WATER.
- Switch off gas and add garam masala powder and salt. Cool to room temperature.
- Mix the potatoes and vegetables. Add some salt if necessary.
- Mould into cutlets.
- Coat in cornflour and then cornflakes meal.
- Shallow fry the cutlets.
* Made with Indian or Bird’s eye green chillies.
Download PDF version here: Lubaina Sadikot – Indian Vegetable Cutlets