Recipe by: Carolina Tautiva
Source: Family recipe
- 10 butter or milk biscuits*
- 25 g butter
- 1 cup fresh passion fruit juice or frozen pulp/juice
- 100 g sugar
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 50 ml water
- 200 ml fresh whipping cream
- 4 eggs
Passion fruit pulp (optional)
- 2 passion fruits
- 1 Tbsp sugar, or to taste
*add more if size is small; must be enough to cover the mould
- In a food processor, grind the biscuits with the butter.
- Then place the mixture in a mould (9 inch) and press with a spoon to make it solid
- Refrigerate for 1h
- Preheat oven to 180C and bake the base till slightly browned.
- In a pot, add the passion fruit juice and sugar.
- Cook for 15 min until the mix gets thicker and forms a light syrup
- Leave it to cool
- Slightly beat the eggs and mix with the cream and the syrup and beat well again
- Add the mixture on the cooked biscuits base and bake in the oven (180C) until golden brown.
- Once cold, garnish with passion fruit pulp (optional) and serve.
Passion fruit pulp
- In a pan, cook for 5 minutes the passion fruits pulp with the sugar. Let it cool.
Download PDF version here: Carolina Tautiva – Colombian Passion Fruit Pudding