Recipe by: Lubaina Sadikot
Source: Minimalist Baker Blog
- 1 ½ cup (185 g) raw walnut
- 1/3 cup (40 g) unsweetened cocoa or cacao powder
- 1 cup (175 g) pitted dates, soaked for 10 minutes in warm water and drained
- Coconut oil for greasing
- Raspberries for decoration (optional)
- 1 packet silken tofu, drained, patted dry
- 1 3/4 cups dark chocolate
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk (or another dairy-free milk)
- Prepare the crust by pulsing walnuts and cocoa powder in a food processor until it reaches a fine meal. Remove and set aside.
- Place soaked dates in the food processor and process until small bits remain and it’s sticky. Add back in the walnut-cocoa meal and process until well combined.
- Transfer to a glass pie pan lightly oiled with coconut oil. Alternatively, place parchment in the bottom for easy removal. Place a piece of plastic wrap over the crumbs and press with your hands to form a uniform crust that goes up the sides. Pop in the freezer to set.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave in 30 second increments or melt in a double boiler. Once melted, work quickly to add to a blender along with the tofu and coconut (or other dairy free) milk. Blend until smooth, about 1 minute, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Pour over crust and smooth. Cover and freeze until set. Alternatively, refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until pretty firm.
- For easiest serving and longer storage, freeze.
Download PDF version here: Lubaina Sadikot – American Tofu Chocolate Mousse