Recipe by: Lorraine Graybill
Source: Family recipe
Serves: 36 medium or 48 small cookie bars
- 1 (15-16 oz) can pumpkin or 2 cups prepared pumpkin*
- 300 g (1 ½ cups) sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 100 ml (¼ cup) cooking oil
- 175 g (1 cup) chocolate chips
- 240 g (2 cups) flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 4 eggs
- 5 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven at 350o F (175o C)
- Stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda and 2 teaspoons cinnamon and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine eggs, pumpkin and oil. Stir in 1 ½ cup of sugar.
- Add flour mixture and stir until moistened. Stir in in chocolate chips.
- Spread batter into an ungreased 15x10x1” baking pan.
- Mix together topping ingredients and sprinkle evenly over batter.
- Bake at 350o F (175o C) for 25-30 minutes.
- Cool completely and cut into 36 medium or 48 small cookie bars.
*If preparing your own pumpkin, cut pumpkin into half (or quarters, depending on the size of pumpkin) and remove seeds.
Place cut-side down on a roasting pan, and place in a 350o F (176o C) oven and bake for about 40 minutes or until flesh is soft.
Let cool, and remove flesh from skin. Process roasted pumpkin in a food processor or blender. (I freeze prepared pumpkin in 1 cup portions to use later.)
Download PDF version here: American Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars Lorraine Graybill