Recipe by: Lorraine Graybill
Source: Causing a Stir, Dayton, OH Junior League, 2000
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1 ½ tsp olive oil
- 35 g (1/3 cup) thinly sliced shallots (French variety)
- 1-1/2 lb (680 g) fresh green beans, trimmed
- freshly ground black pepper
Beans can be trimmed and stored in the refrigerator up to a day ahead. Shallot butter can be made and stored in the refrigerator up to 5 days ahead.
- To make shallot butter, melt 2 Tbsp butter with olive oil over medium heat in a small frying pan. Reduce heat to low.
- Add shallots and cook 7-9 minutes, or until tender. Stir in the remaining butter, salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
- Cook green beans in a large pot of boiling water until crisp-tender.
- Drain well and return to pot. Add shallot butter to beans and toss well.
- Transfer to a serving dish.
Download PDF version here: American Green Beans with Shallot Butter Lorraine Graybill