Recipe by: Chan Kar Mun
Serves: 6 – 10
- 150 gr glutinous rice flour
- 225 gr water
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- A pinch of salt
- 1 Tbsp shallot oil (fry 3 shallots with cooking oil)
- 75 gr ground roasted peanuts
- 30 gr caster sugar
- Fried shallot
- Add glutinous rice flour, sugar and salt in a mixing bowl, pour in water and shallot oil then stir to mix well.
- Lightly coat a glass bowl with oil for easier transfer and cleaning.
- Pour batter into the glass bowl, steam over boiling water over high heat for 15mins.
- While steaming, prepare the toppings by mixing the ground roasted peanuts and sugar on a big tray.
- Once the dough is done and slightly cooled, use a silicon scraper to transfer the dough onto the peanut mixture.
- Use a sharp scissor, cut the muah chee dough into small bit size pieces and coat with peanuts mixture.
- Top with fried shallots and enjoy!
Download PDF version here: Singaporean Green Bean Dessert Soup – Kar Mun Chan