Recipe by: Chan Kar Mun
Source: Internet recipe
Serves: 6 – 10
- 250 gr green beans (mung beans)
- 2 ltr water
- 2-3 pandan leaves
- 150 gr rock sugar
- 250 ml thick coconut milk
- Pinch of salt to taste
- Wash the green beans until water runs clear Set aside to soak for at least 1hr or overnight, discard any beans that floats.
- Bring the water to boil and add in the green beans and pandan leaves. Lower the heat to medium and continue to simmer until the beans are soft.
- Once the beans are soft, season it with rock sugar to taste. Continue to cook until the sugar are completely dissolved.
- Add in coconut milk and salt. Bring the mixture to boil and simmer for another 10-15mins.
- Serve warm or keep in the fridge for a cool dessert.
Download PDF version here:Green Bean Dessert Soup – Kar Mun Chan