Recipe by Chan Kar Mun
Source: Modified recipe from internet
Serves: 6 – 8
- 30-40 chicken wingettes
- 2 Tbsp Shrimp Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Shaoxing Chinese Rice Wine
- 1 ½ cup plain flour
- 3 tsp double acting baking powder
- 2 tsp pepper
- Olive oil to brush the chicken wingettes
- Marinate 30-40 wingettes preferably overnight or for at least 4 hours.
- Coat the marinated chicken wings with the flour mixture.
- I’ll coat the flour at least two times for the chicken wings to make it crispier. After you have coated one layer, put on the wired rack, by the time you are done with all the wings, you’ll notice that the first chicken wing is damp, so follow the sequence to coat 2nd time.
- Place wings in a single layer on a prepared wire rack to air-dry for 1 hour.
- Brush some olive oil on the wings just before baking. Bake the wings on the rack over a baking sheet at 200 deg for about 20-25 mins (depends on your oven) until the wings are crispy and golden brown, turning once halfway.
Download PDF version here: Baked Prawn Paste Chicken Wings – Kar Mun Chan