Recipe by: Meena Trakru
Source: Family recipe
Serves: 4 – 6
- 15 Mushrooms, Sliced thin
- 1/2 Lotus root, sliced round or quartered
- 4 Tbsp. Vegetable Oil
- 1 Cup of Yogurt, whipped by hand
- Salt to taste
- 4 Tbsp. Fennel Seed powder
- 1 Tbsp. Ginger Powder
- 1 Tbsp. Red Chili Powder (If you like it spicy)
- ½ Tbsp. Coriander Powder
- Heat 2 Tbsp. oil in a pan on low-medium heat. When hot, add the Lotus Root and a little salt. Fry until well done. Remove from the pan and set aside on a tissue to absorb the extra oil
- Heat 2 Tbsp. oil in the pan and fry the Mushrooms. Add little salt to help take out the water from the mushrooms. Cover the mushrooms and cook for maybe 10 minutes.
- Add the Dry Ingredients and the lotus root to the pan. There will still be some water in it. Stir and allow it to cook covered for another 10 minutes ensuring that the water has not dried up completely. If needed, add 1 cup of water to let it cook.
- Slowly stir in the yogurt on low heat to ensure that it doesn’t curdle in the pot. Add 2 Tbsp. at a time and stir till all the yogurt is added
- Cook for another 20-30 minutes covered, stirring every 5-10 minutes.
- Serve with Rice
Download PDF version here: Indian Mushroom and Lotus Root in yogurt sauce Meena Trakru