Recipe by: Rachna Kulshrestha
Source: Family Recipe
Ingredients for Stuffing
- 4-6 large sized potato, boiled and peeled
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ginger, grated
- 1 tsp kashmiri chili powder / lal mirch powder
- 1 – 2 green chillies, chopped
- 1 tsp cumin seeds or roasted cumin seeds
- salt to taste
- ¼ tsp garam masala
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves, finely chopped
- ½ tsp aamchur powder / dry mango powder
- ¼ tsp ajwain seeds / caraway seeds
Ingredients for Paratha dough
- 4 cup whole wheat flour / atta
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp oil or ghee
- Approximate 2 cups of water, plus a little more if needed
- ¼ cup wheat flour for dusting
For frying the Parathas
- Ghee or oil as required
- Mash boiled potatoes in a bowl. add rest of the ingredients mentioned above and mix well.
- In a large mixing bowl, take wheat flour add salt.
- Add water and knead the dough for 5 minutes. grease the dough with a tsp of oil and rest for at least 20 minutes.
- Take a medium sized ball dough, roll out into a disc about 5 inches in diameter.
- Spoon the prepared stuffing in the center.
- Take the edge and start pleating bringing to center and press the pleats from center.
- Sprinkle some flour on a clean work surface and and roll out flat into about 7 – 8 inches in diameter.
- Heat a hot flat pan and add the stuffed paratha on it. Cook on one side, flattening it as it cooks until golden brown and flip. Brushed cooked side with melted ghee and cook for a few more minutes until the other side is golden brown too. Brush with melted ghee/oil and set aside on paper kitchen towels.
Download PDF version here: Indian Aloo Parathas Rachna Kulshrestha