Recipe by: Amy Tan Lin Lin
Source: Personal Recipe
- 80 g egg yolk
- 25 g caster sugar
- 30 g bran oil or vegetable oil
- 40 g Fresh milk
- 100 g cake flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 120 g egg white
- 55g caster sugar
- ¼ tsp cream of tartar
- 100 g banana (excluding the skin)
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp corn starch
- 3 Tbsp dark brown sugar
- 120 ml fresh milk
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- Mash and blend the banana in the blender machine.
- Mix in the rest of the ingredients.
- Strain the mixture through a sieve into the saucepan.
- Cook the mixture with low heat and constant stirring until it is thickened. Do not over-cook your mixture.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and continue to stir until it is cooled. Chill in the fridge for about an hour.
Preheat oven to 170 C (338 F).
- Sieve flour and baking powder together, set aside.
- Separate egg yolks and whites and bring to room temperature.
- Place egg yolks in a mixing bowl, add in sugar. Whisk till the mixture becomes sticky and turn pale.
- Drizzle in the oil and fresh milk, whisk till the mixture is well combine. Sieve over the flour mixture and whisk until flour mixture is fully incorporated into the batter.
- In a clean, dry mixing bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar with an electric mixer until mixture becomes frothy and foamy. Gradually beat in the sugar and beat on high speed until just before stiff peaks.
- Add the beaten egg white into the egg yolk batter in 3 separate additions, each time folding gently with a spatula. Do not over mix.
- Spoon the batter into the paper cup and bake for 40-45mins or until the cake surface turns golden brown.
- Transfer the cooled fillings into a small squeeze bottle or into a pastry plastic (cut a small hole and insert a small tip). Push the tip through the top to fill each cupcake. Then, top with a sliced banana.
- Serve and enjoy!
Download PDF version here: Banana Hokkaido Cupcake Amy Tan Lin Lin