Recipe by: Rebeca Trasobares
Source: Family recipe
- 1 cup sour cream (reduced fat is ok)
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 3 tsp dried dill weed
- 1 tsp kosher salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 4 large cucumbers, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- Leave the sour cream out of the fridge for about 30 min. In a mixing bowl, whisk together sour cream, lemon juice, dill, salt and pepper.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, toss together cucumbers and onions.
- Pour sour cream mixture over top and mix together.
- For best result add the dressing to the salad just before serving.
You can substitute the sour cream for plain Greek yogurt but the sauce will be very liquid comparing to the cream
Download PDF version here: American Creamy Cucumber Salad Rebeca Trasobares