Recipe by: Christine Lee
Source: Delia Smith
- 4 salmon fillets, skinned, 100 grams each
- 8 large lettuce leaves
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1 rounded tbsp coconut cream
- 1 rounded tbsp grated ginger
- 10 grams coriander, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp peanut oil
- Heat oil in a pan and gently sauté the spring onion and garlic for 30 seconds.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the lime zest, lime juice, ginger, coconut and coriander.
- Stir until combined.
- Season each fillet with salt and pepper.
- Spread an equal amount of stuffing along the length of each fillet.
- Roll the fillet to form a neat parcel.
- Place the lettuce leaves in a bowl and our some boiling water over them.
- Pat the lettuce dry with kitchen paper and fold 2 leaves around each fillet.
- Steam the parcels for 12 minutes.
If you want to prepare it a couple of hours in advance, wrap the stuffed fillets in foil, keep them in the fridge and just wrap the lettuce leaves round before steaming. You can also use sole or plaice instead of trout.
Download PDF version here: steamed-salmon-fillets-in-lettuce-parcels