Recipe by: Suchita Babar
Source: Family recipe
- 1 cup Rava (Semolina)
- 1½ cup Sugar
- 3 cups Milk
- Pinch of Saffron (Kesar)
- 1 cup Ghee (Clarified Butter)
- 10 Cashews (Kaju)
- 1 tbsp Raisins (Kishmish)
- Pinch of Cardamom Powder (Elaichi)
- Heat 1 tsp ghee in a pan and fry cashews and raisins.
- Keep it to the side.
- Put more ghee in the pan and stir-fry rava until it turns brown.
- Boil milk in another pan.
- Mix in fried rava and cook it stirring for 5 minutes.
- Stir in sugar followed by saffron, cardamom powder, cashews and raisins.
- Keep adding ghee in little quantity while stirring continuously, until it becomes solid and comes without sticking to the pan.
- Serve hot.
Download PDF version here: indian-kesari-halwa-suchita-babar