Recipe by: Suchita Babar
Source: Family recipe
Makes: 6 parathas
For The Aloo Gobi Stuffing
- 1 cup boiled, peeled and mashed potato
- ½ cup grated cauliflower
- 2 Tbs oil
- ½ tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 2 tsp ginger-green chilli paste
- 1 tsp coriander (dhania) powder
- ½ tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- 2 tsp chaat masala
- salt to taste
For The Dough
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (gehun ka atta)
- 1 tsp oil
- salt to taste
- 2 to 3 drops of oil for kneading
- whole wheat flour (gehun ka atta) for rolling
- oil for cooking
For the dough:
- Combine the wheat flour and salt and knead into a soft dough, using enough water. Knead well.
- Cover the dough with a wet muslin cloth and leave aside for 10 minutes.
Aloo (Potato) Paratha
Aloo stuffed paratha is a failsafe combination for any novice chef. You just can’t go wrong with this simple and easy to make recipe.
- Boil the potatoes and mash them thoroughly.
- In a mixing bowl, add the mashed potatoes, garam masala powder, chopped coriander, chopped green chillies/ red chili powder and salt. Mix nicely and make small balls out of it.
- Prepare the dough balls. Get one ball in hand and give it a concave shape.
- Stuff the spicy potato ball inside the dough and gently roll into the paratha.
- Add ghee/clarified butter on the pan and cook your paratha on both sides till it becomes crisp brown.
Gobi Paratha (Cauliflower Paratha)
- Grate the cauliflower and rinse with water.
- In a hot pan or kadai, heat oil on medium flame.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste, chopped onions and salt in it. Cook for a few minutes.
- When onions turn translucent, add the chopped chillies, grated cauliflower pieces, cumin powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and red chilli powder.
- Cook it for 4-5 minutes under the lid. Finally, garnish it with fresh cilantro.
- Once it’s cooled down, use it as a paratha stuffing.
Download PDF version here: indian-aloo-gobi-paratha-suchita-babarpptx