Recipe by: Gene Tan
Source: Adapted from www.tastehongkong.com and http://www.themeatmen.sg
- 1 packet of silken tofu
- 1 century egg (preserved duck egg)
- 2 springs spring onion (green onions),
- 1 tsp black vinegar
- 1 tsp light soya sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Drain off all water from the tofu packet and cut it into about 1/2 cm slices or 1/2 cm cubes. Arrange on a plate/bowl for serving. Cling wrap it and put it in the fridge to chill it.
- Remove the mud from the century egg and peel the egg shell.
- Dice the century egg into small cubes/pieces.
- In a separate bowl, mix it well with the black vinegar, soya sauce, sugar and sesame oil. Put it in the fridge to chill.
- Chop the green onions into small pieces and put it in the fridge to chill.
- To serve, again drain off any water from tofu, add century egg mixture on top of the tofu.
- Garnish with spring onions.
- Best served chill.
Download PDF version here: chinese-tofu-with-century-egg-and-spring-onions_gene-tan