Recipe by: Gene Tan
Source: Adapted from rotinrice.com
- 350g kangkung/ong choy/water spinach
- 2 Tbsp. of dried shrimps
- 2 chillies
- 5 red chilli padi
- 1 small onion or 5 shallots
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 inch cube belacan (shrimp paste)
- 2 Tbsp. canola or vegetable oil
- Soak the dried shrimps for 10 mins.
- Wash and Cut the kangkong and separate the leaves from the stems.
- Pound the dried shrimps, chillies, onions or shallots and garlic together into a paste in a mortar pestle or blender.
- Fry the belacan on pan without oil for about 1 minute.
- Then add oil (2-3 Tbsp) and fry for a minute. Add blended paste and fry until fragrant
- Add a bit of oil, and then put the KangKong stems in to fry first.
- After 2-3 minutes add the leaves to fry. Add about 3 Tbsp. of water.
- Fry until the leaves are soft and green. (but not too long as it will turn yellow.)
Download PDF version here: chinese-stir-fried-sambal-belacan-kang-kong_gene-tan