Recipe by: Gene Tan
Source: Family Recipe
- 6 salted egg yolks
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp minced ginger
- 6-8 curry leaves
- 2 Tbsp. cooking oil
- 2 chili padis
- 2 pieces of boneless chicken legs
- Cook the salted duck egg yolk by steaming it for about 10-15 mins. Mash up the salted duck egg yolk.
- In a pan, take 1 tbsp. of oil and brown the chicken pieces on high heat. You want it browned outside but still undercooked inside
- Heat 2 Tbsps of cooking oil, fry salted egg yolks over the heat until foamy approximately 5 minutes. Add garlic, ginger, curry leaves and chili padis and fry until fragrant.
- Add browned chicken pieces to the foamy egg mixture and ensure that the chicken is coated with sauce.
Download PDF version here: chinese-salted-duck-egg-chicken_gene-tan