Recipe by: Gene Tan
Source: Family recipe
- 1 pack (500 gms) Unsweetened Grass Jelly (chin chow)
- 4 Tbsp Brown sugar or Honey.
- 4 Pandan leaves –washed and knotted
- 1.5 litre Water
- Boil water with pandan leaves and brown sugar.
- Once sugar is dissolved, turn off the heat and let the water cool to room temperature.
- If using honey and not brown sugar, add the honey when the water is cool to around 42 degree C.
- Remove the pandan leaves after water is cool.
- Shred the grass jelly into strips while waiting for the water to cool.
- Once water is cool, add the grass jelly strips into the water and enjoy.
- Can served with ice, or chill in fridge.
Download PDF version here: chinese-grass-jelly-drink_gene-tan