Recipe by: Gene Tan
Source: Adapted from recipes on WordPress and thesillygirlsays.blogspot.sg
Serves: 3 – 4
- 400 gms of flat rice noodles or kway tiao.
- 200 gms of Chinese spinach
- 200 gms of minced/chopped meat.
- 5 Tbsp. of preserved radish.
- 2 Tbsp. of fish sauce
- ¼ Tsp of Light soy sauce
- 3 cloves of garlic
- White pepper
- 2 Tbsp. Cooking Oil
- ¼ tsp Sesame oil
- Season the meat with sesame oil and soy sauce.
- Add a little bit of vegetable oil and stir fry the vegetables for about 2 mins on high heat
- In the same pan, add more oil and the preserved raddish, garlic and stir fry till fragrant. Add the meat and stir fry.
- Once meat is cooked, add in the kway tiao, fish sauce, pepper and light soy sauce.
- Add a bit of water (like 2 tablespoon) while cooking on high heat.
- Once the kway tiao is soft, add the vegetables.
- Serve Hot
- Stir-frying is always done on high heat. Keep all the ingredients ready as they are added in quick succession
Download PDF version here: chinese-fried-kway-teow-with-chye-poh_gene-tan