Recipe by: Gene Tan
Source: Adapted from www.malaysianchinesekitchen.com and everybodyeatswell.blogspot.sg
- 500g minced meat, with some fats (The fats makes the bak kwa taste better)
- 1½ Tbsp Fish Sauce
- ½ Tbsp Dark Soy Sauce
- ½ Tbsp Light Soy Sauce
- 1½ Tbsp Hua Tiao Jiu
- ¼ Cup Sugar
- ¼ Cup Honey
- 1 teaspoon of Chia Siew Sauce
- Preheat the oven to 130°C
- Add the seasoning to the minced meat and stir the mixture until minced meat becomes a bit glue-like.
- Place the minced meat on a baking paper and cover the meat with a cling wrap. Use a rolling pin to roll the meat to about 2mm thick.
- Remove the cling wrap and put the entire baking paper with the minced meat on a baking tray.
- Bake in the preheated oven (fan) at 130°C for 20 minutes.
- Bring the mince-meat out and cool while increasing the oven temperature to 200°C.
- Cut the Bak Kwa into smaller pieces with a scissor and the change the baking paper
- Once oven is ready, bake for about 7 minutes at 200°C.
- Flip the meat on the other side and bake for another 5 minutes at 200°C till slightly burnt.
Download PDF version here: chinese-bak-kwa_gene-tan