Recipe by: Lynn Park
Source: Adapted from http://www.maangchi.com/
Serves: 6 – 8
- 4 white fish filets, each cut in three pieces (any fish filet would work)
- 750 g turnip or radish, cut in 5mm slices, then cut in halves
- 2 litres tap water
- 5 red onions, cut in wedges
- South Korean hot pepper paste (red chilli paste)
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 Tbsp fish sauce
- salt to taste
- Place the turnip/radish, half amount of red onion wedges and chilli paste in a large pot with 2 litres water. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Add the remaining red onion wedges, the fish filets and the garlic, fish sauce and salt.
- Continue boiling over high heat for 20 minutes or until fish is cooked.
- Serve hot in individual bowls.
Download PDF version here: south-korean-spicy-fish-soup-lynn-park