Recipe by: Lynn Park
Source: Adapted from http://www.maangchi.com/
Serves: 6 – 8
- 8 sheets of gim(seaweed paper)
- 3 cups hot, cooked long grain rice (cooked with a ratio 1:1 of water)
- 8 sausages, cut in quarters lengthwise
- cooked Bulgogi beef, 16 slices (optional)
- 2 large carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 2 large cucumbers, cut into matchsticks
- 2 spring onions
- 3 eggs
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp plus 1 tsp brown (or white) sugar
- vegetable oil to cook
- 4 tsp sesame seeds
- ¼ tsp salt
- Heat a pan and add a few drops vegetable oil. Add the sausage sticks and 2 tsp sesame seeds. Mix well and let it cook for 5 to 10 minutes, or until the sausage is brown. Set aside.
- Heat a pan and add a few drops vegetable oil. Add the carrot matchsticks and 2 tsp sesame seeds. Mix well and let it cook for 5 to 10 minutes, or until the carrot is cooked yet still crunchy. Set aside.
- Crack 3 eggs in a bowl and add ¼ teaspoon salt. Beat it with a fork. Drizzle a few drops of oil on a heated square non-stick pan. Wipe off the excess with a paper towel so only a thin sheen of oil remains. Turn down the heat to low and pour the egg mixture into the pan. Spread it so it fills the pan.
Download PDF version here: south-korean-gimbap-seaweed-rolls-lynn-park