Recipe by: Lynn Park
Source: Adapted from http://www.maangchi.com/
Serves: 6 – 8
- 500 g of beef tenderloin, sliced thinly into pieces (1 cm x 5 cm x 3 mm thick)
- one grated pear (or two crushed kiwis for a tougher cut of beef)
- 4 small red onions, cut in wedges
- 4 cloves of chopped garlic
- 1 tsp minced ginger (optional)
- 2 chopped green onions
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- a pinch of ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
- Mix all the ingredients except the beef in a bowl.
- Add the sliced beef and mix well. Keep it in the fridge and let it marinate for at least 30 minutes, or overnight for a tougher cut of beef.
- Pan-fry over high flame, until beef is cooked (brown, not red) yet still juicy.
- Serve hot with white rice.
Download PDF version here: south-korean-bulgogi-beef-bbq-lynn-park