Recipe by: Violetta Rusinovich
Source: Family Recipe
- 4 Tbsp of flour
- 2 eggs
- 11 gr of dry yeast
- 200 gr of butter (room temperature)
- 1 Tbsp of sugar
- 1 tsp of salt
- ½ Tbsp of warm milk
- 500 gr of fresh chicken
- 1 yellow onion, peeled, chopped in half rings
- 4-5 potatoes
- 5 mushrooms (optional)
- salt and pepper for taste
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Mix butter, flour, salt, sugar and eggs until you will have a nice and soft dough. Mix warm milk with yeast and add to dough, mix all together.
- Divide the dough in two parts. One for a bottom of you pie, second for a top (bigger piece).
- On a lightly floured surface, put one part of the dough. Place a filling: potatoes, onion, mushrooms, chicken, add salt and pepper. Cover the pie with the second half of the dough.
- Bake the pie for about 40 minutes, or until golden brown.
Download PDF version here: russian-chicken-pie-kurnik_violetta-rusinovich