Recipe by: Violetta Rusinovich
Source: Family recipe
- 1 white big cabbage head
- 500 g of minced beef (or other meat)
- 1 medium onion
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of black pepper
- 6 Tbsp. of light soya sauce
- 6 Tbsp. of oil
- Shred the cabbage into thin slices and dice the onion into 1 cm cubes.
- Preheat a large skillet or dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add 2 Tbsp of oil. Cook minced beef for a few minutes, then add onion and cook for 5 min, mixing frequently.
- Place sliced cabbage into the skillet, cover and cook cabbage for 20-30 min, stirring every 5 min and adding oil when necessary.
- Reduce temperature to medium-low after 10 min. Add salt/pepper and soya sauce to taste and cook until cabbage is soft and ready.
Download PDF version: russian-braised-cabbage_violetta-rusinovich