Recipe by: Lorraine Graybill
Source: Family recipe
Serves: 4 – 6
- 455 g (16 oz) frozen or canned corn
- 100 g (1 cup) shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped onion
- ~165 ml (5 ½ oz) evaporated milk
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 3 slices (1 cup) soft bread, cubed
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted
Can be prepped in the morning and refrigerated until baking. Increase baking time if baking directly from refrigerator.
- Preheat oven at 350 F (175 C)
- Defrost corn or drain.
- Combine all ingredients (except topping) using only ¾ cup of the Swiss cheese.
- Turn mixture into a 1-quart casserole dish.
- Bake at 350o F (175o C.) for 20 minutes.
- Toss bread cubes with melted butter and remaining cheese.
- Sprinkle on casserole and bake for an additional 5-10 minutes.
Download PDF version here: american-corn-bake-lorraine-graybill