Recipe by: Genny Le Calvez
Source: Family recipe
Serves: 8 – 10
Ingredients (serves 8-10 people)
- 10 eggs boiled and peeled
Spices to be blended COARSELY
- 12 shallot
- 8 garlic
- 6 big chilly (seeded if you don’t like too spicy)
- Small red chilly (if you like more spicy)
- 3 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 tbsp of shrimp paste (optional)
Not blended (Herbs) :
- 4cm galangal peeled cut in 2 and smash
- 1 big tomato seeded and cut in dice
- 2 Salam leaf (Daun Salam )
- 1 lemon grass the white part
- 3 kaffir lime leaf torn into few pices
- 1 tbsp salt, to taste
- ½ tsp pepper
- A pinch of sugar
- Heat cooking oil and fry the blended spice and galangal for 2 minutes.
- Add dice tomato and all the herbs. Continue to stir fry for another 5 minutes, add about 50ml hot water if gets dry.
- Add salt and pepper and a pinch of sugar and continue until it is well cooked (another 5 min about).
- Put all the egg mix well so all eggs coated with the “sambal” balado.
Download PDF version here: indonesian-telor-or-egg-balado-genny-le-calvez