Recipe by: Genny Le Calvez
Source: Family recipe
Serves: 8 – 10
- 300 g Rice
- 2 small purple sweet potato
- 100 ml coconut milk
- 250 ml Water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 lemon grass stalk (white part )
- 2 Daun Salam (Bay leaf )
- Peel and cut sweet potato in 6 pieces.
- Boil sweet potato with 200 ml water until really tender. Keep aside the purple water from this boil.
- Put sweet potato on food processor with a bit of its water till smooth. Put aside.
- Wash and drain rice. Put 100 ml Coconut milk, add the remaining water from sweet potato (about 150ml), add water sufficiently (if needed) until liquid reach about 2 cm above the high of the rice (as you normally cook rice). Add 1 teaspoon salt.
- Bring rice to boil with medium heat and stir occasionally till water reduce all (about 10 min).
- Take off from stove mix with mixture of sweet potato, mix well to get a homogeneous purple color. Steam for 15 minutes with all the herbs together till well cooked.
Download PDF version here: indonesian-nasi-ungu-genny-le-calvez