Recipe by: Elaine Tan
Source: Family recipe
Ingredients – Squid
- 1 kg baby squid (can also use big squid but need to cut into bit size pieces)
- 1 cup rice flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- Oil for deep frying
Ingredients – Sauce
- 2 Tbsp light soy sauce
- ½ tsp dark soy sauce
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ cup water
- salt, to taste
- Add the rice flour to a deep dish. Add the salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Add squid. Make sure the baby squid is well coated with the mixture.
- Heat sufficient oil in a wok and deep-fry baby squid until golden brown. Drain and set aside.
- In a separate wok, heat the water, honey, light soy sauce, dark soy sauce, and salt (adjust to taste) together. Cook until the sauce thickens.
- Toss in the fried baby squid and coat evenly.
- Serve hot.
Download PDF version here: singaporean-deep-fried-honey-squid-elaine-tan